Analysis of international tertiary students’ migration and employment outcomes
Data on the post-study migration and employment outcomes of international tertiary students was analysed and the findings were reported. The report will be used to improve the government’s understanding of international student outcomes, and to evaluate and improve immigration policy.
This work involved:
- analysis of data that had been extracted from the Integrated Data Infrastructure (IDI)
- development of charts and summary statistics using R
- statistical modelling to determine which factors more strongly predict migration and employment outcomes
- consultation and collaboration with MBIE staff to shape the focus of the report
- creating a report that included clear, accurate and attractive visual display of the data.