Assessing the impact of New Zealand’s investment in destination marketing
Current practices in measuring the return on investment in tourism destination marketing were reviewed, and advice on improving New Zealand’s practices was developed. The advice formed the basis of a paper to the Minister, and new methods are now being piloted by the Ministry.
For the Ministry of Economic Development
This work involved:
- reviewing and reporting on international best practices in measuring return on investment, and New Zealand’s progress to-date
- designing, conducting, and analysing the findings from key informant interviews
- analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from a pilot survey
- integrating multiple, and sometimes conflicting perspectives
- concisely summarising findings and recommending achievable next steps.