Current practices in measuring the return on investment in tourism destination marketing were reviewed and advice on improving New Zealand’s practices was developed. The advice formed the basis of a paper to the Minister and informed the piloting of new methods by the Ministry of Economic Development.
For the Ministry of Economic Development
This work involved:
- reviewing and reporting on international best practices in measuring return on investment and New Zealand’s progress to-date
- designing, conducting, and analysing the findings from key informant interviews
- analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from a pilot survey
- integrating multiple, and sometimes conflicting, perspectives
- concisely summarising findings and recommending achievable next steps.