Evaluated New Zealand researchers’ usage of and outcomes from the Australian Synchrotron. This informed New Zealand’s negotiations for further access to the facility.
For the Royal Society of New Zealand
Counterbalance designed, conducted, and reported on an evaluation of New Zealand scientists’ use of, and outcomes from, using the Australian Synchrotron. The evaluation included:
- an online survey of New Zealand synchrotron users
- an email survey of key informants with knowledge of the wider issues facing the synchrotron user community
- analysis of statistics on New Zealand researchers’ use of the facility
- synthesis of themes emerging from the surveys and the statistics
- development of a set of case studies demonstrating successful outcomes from the synchrotron.