A monitoring and evaluation framework was developed to enable pest management agencies to assess the value of pest management, and to assist the development of an agile, efficient and effective pest management system.
Years: 2011 – 2012
For the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, in collaboration with Julian Carver, Seradigm Ltd
This work involved:
- developing a value proposition for pest management monitoring and evaluation that synthesised the perspectives of key stakeholders in the pest management system
- reviewing existing relevant work
- modelling the pest management system using intervention logic and systems thinking tools
- developing a set of monitoring and evaluation project proposals and criteria for prioritising between the projects
- working with leaders across multiple agencies to foster consensus and to improve clarity in areas where there were conflicting views.