Several contributions were made to Housing New Zealand’s longitudinal research project including provision of interviewing services, analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, development of a logic model and evaluation framework, and reporting on topics of interest. The research was used to improve services for tenants and applicants.
- face to face and telephone interviews with tenants and applicants
- design and implementation of data structures and data entry protocols for aggregation of tenure pathway data across several hundred study participants
- development of a logic model for household outcomes from social housing
- analysis of the interactions between housing tenure, life circumstances, and household outcomes
- design, completion, and reporting on a project that used the longitudinal research to gain a better understanding of tenant and applicant experiences of debt.